Skip to main content

Change can be a GOOD thing!

WOW! That word sums up the ride that we have been riding all summer.....SO many changes, SO little time, and SO happy and excited about them ALL!

Thinking back to this time last year and how depressed I was about going back to work and how I skipped the 1st workday just to have one more day with the kids....and now today....I LOVE my job!
And how 8 (short) weeks ago I was devastated that I had been moved to another school and thinking how am I ever going to overcome this....and NOW look! One thing the EC Director & Associate Superindents said to me the day I left for summer break that speaks volumes to me now "have you been praying for a change"..."yes"......their response "well here ya go".....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This is the exact change I have been praying for!!!!!!!!

SO we ALL are making new transitions this month....here's a rundown.....

Brooks: BECAME a Co-Director of the WISA soccer program last week......meaning we are ONLY adding more soccer to our life! He and his co-director (NOT ME) are holding sign-ups for soccer teams this fall...kids ages 4-14.....and he is still helping coach at the high school.... #soccerlife

Alysha: STARTED a new job on Monday, with a new challenge, a new job description, a chance to further my career, and OPPORTUNITY to do more!!!!!!! One of the 1st things said Monday morning....if you are here in this position....you must love organization!! YES.....Hello.....THATS ME!!! My new job will be LOTS of planning, scheduling and living by a strict calendar! I am SUPER excited for this job!!!!!

Bryson: IS EXCITED to start school at Scotts and I am excited too...b/c I get to plan my schedule to be at his school one day a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is also excited for his soccer season to begin and use some of his new foot skills he learned at soccer camp!!!

Britan: WILL start preschool on September 4th although she doesn't understand what that means yet....I am positive she will love going to school 3 days a week from 9-1....and enjoy her lunch in her Hello Kitty lunchbox!

We are all excited for all of these new changes and excitement in the weeks to come!

If you have a little one that would like to play soccer let me know and I can direct you to the right person!!!

Thanks for reading and supporting us ALWAYS!!!

2 posts in 1 day....IMPRESSIVE wouldn't ya say!!! (especially now that I can mark it off my list)

Much love, Alysha

Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...