Skip to main content

New Life-Covid!

hmmm, it certainly has been an interesting week, right? this new life, is a lot of adjustment, right? I surely cant be the only one feeling it, right?

positives-
slow mornings for my kids with extra morning kisses, the no rush life...
endless time, daily with my kids, its kind of magical....
pjs, no makeup, no hair (sometimes no shower) days....
laying in bed doing nothing at 8pm, strange concept....
accomplishing the summer to do list in....whats this month? March....
the calendar only contains activities for who knows how long of....just us, #thedertings....

negatives-
this is scary
the unknowns are scary
I miss people
people are dying
is it floating around us right now? and we dont know it?

I find it very important to document what we are currently living these days---we are making and living history. one day we will look back and it will seem so crazy that our worlds stopped and things were forced to slow down in order for things to heal.

I can already feel a difference within myself....and I see it in others as well. we are taking time to be kind, to think of others and not just ourselves, we are greeting random strangers because we have been given a lesson. a lesson that it all can change at any given minute, on any given day.

I will say when I open my calendar or I hear the kids talking to their friends, its painful. its painful because that was my normal 2 weeks ago and I grieve losing what I thought I had control of....I also grieve because we miss our friends, we miss soccer, we honestly miss school. this week has lasted longer than an EOG testing week---and thats hard to beat! this new normal is challenging, I honestly think working outside of the home will be welcomed back with open arms when we are able to!

my thoughts are random and I am sure there will be more, but for now, I just wanted to jot down----day 11 of social distancing, day 4 of working/zooming from home & virtual homeschooling!

I hope you all are well, I hope you all know that in the end we are going to be so much stronger, better and appreciative when this is all over......can you imagine how glorious that day will be?!

Much Love, Alysha


Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...