Skip to main content

back to basics

back to basics.....I started this blog to share sorrow in a time (way before blogging was popular) to deal with grief....
I continued writing for a purpose of sharing a testimony I feel very strongly tied to-debt-hiding the secret of debt....
lately, I would say over the last few years....the basics have left me, its probably because of life....you know it, you're living it too----married, kids, a house, a job and if you are like me your kids schedules supersede yours!

I really am enjoying this part of life, mostly because I know that it will be over too soon...Bryson is less than a year from high school and I just did 3rd grade homework with Brit....who was not even with us when I started this blog journey! 

but, something keeps pulling at me....a friend posted the other day, that you need to take time to do something for yourself....its so very true----we spend majority of our day doing for many others----so last week I started running again, I have always had a love/hate relationship with running, but when its done, I feel accomplished...more than clearing my inbox-accomplished! and then there is this--this blog....I have started several posts over the last few years....many ideas that I wanted to share, some things that are hard to share and some just plan basic things (such as this one).....but something keeps me from finishing or I worry it will not be well received so I keep to myself and open it back up a few months later when the thoughts have overtaken with new ideas.....

so for now, this is it, back to basics.....still doing life, but adding running and blogging back to it.....

I did start with the basics because my next topic is entitlement and that one needs some tweaking before sharing...

so if you're in the same boat as me.... #thisis38....and life is just moving quickly day after day.....take some time and find the basics! 


Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...