Skip to main content

The end of September....we meet again!

One year ago, I remember everything so clearly....this is the week that we were suppose to hear our 2nd babies heartbeat and go on one of our usual beach trips. But this time a year ago things changed for us so quickly and it is now amazing for me to be able to reflect and see how far we have come and how happily we have grown!



This time last year, Brooks and I questioned whether or not we would even try to have another baby after the heartache we experienced during our sad September....but we had no idea we would be blessed within 8 short weeks with the answer, our 3rd pregnancy!

The end of this September is so much brighter than the last and we have woken up everyday for the past 9 weeks to this beautiful, smiling little girl, our Britan Rae!

Although we didn't understand then and we still don't know why our 2nd baby wasn't meant to be ours in this lifetime, we are still thankful for the lesson we learned from our pain, but more thankful for the blessings that had yet to come!
So today on this last day of September when last year we were so uncertain of everything around us and tears were the only thing that made sense.....we are so BLESSED AND THANKFUL....that this day, September 30th, now has a different, brighter meaning.....today is Britan's 2 month Birthday :)

Thank you to everyone that has followed this amazing adventure with us, we couldn't be any happier to say good bye to September any other way!!! LOVE, Brooks, Alysha, Bryson and our sweet, well worth the wait, Britan Rae :)

Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...