Skip to main content

Day 180...already????

It seems surreal....is tomorrow really day 180?

Not being in the classroom has changed my perception of the last day of school just a little....the excitement has not set in yet...hopefully by morning I will feel the summer break excitement....

I feel like I have run around for weeks trying to accomplish everything that needs to be "accomplished" before this BIG day tomorrow....and I did encounter a few minor road blocks along the way....you know like hitting a parked car in the WIMS parking lot on Friday and having an absolute meltdown before the day was complete......BUT THEN

Today as I was rushing around with the hustle and bustle of it all.....I walked into WIMS and there was that smell that hits me every time I walk in the commons area....the smell of 8th grade and how life has changed and grown immensely since 8th grade, but yet the smell is still the exact same....

And then onto WIHS.....and the screen out front reads LAST DAY JUNE 11TH.....this place and that date are a complete circle for me....tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary....and WIHS is where is all began.....

And then onto Scotts....and although Monticello is not one of schools (my former elementary school)....Scotts has a special place too....I played softball on the fields behind the school for years....I made a little time in my insane schedule to sit with Bryson's class this afternoon...and be a 2nd grader again!! All the kids had excitement beaming from their faces...the energy is unstoppable...to be a kid again and tomorrow be the last day of school and Thursday the first day of summer!!!

So although I have been in a complete fog....and not all things are completely tied up at the moment....today was a jump start day to all the excitement ahead...the summer adventures, the late nights of useless tv, the sleeping in (you know past 7am), the fun and memories that are straight ahead....and yet it all comes back to the small circle that I traveled today....on the west side!!

I hope everyone has an excellent, exciting, fantastic LAST day of school....ENJOY....time flies

Much Love, Alysha

Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...