Skip to main content

My AMAZING Husband!

Today is our 14th "dating" Anniversary!!! I have spent almost 1/2 of my life with a boy named Brooks and I know there is no other person in this world that I am suppose to be with! Last year I wrote about how everything started.... This year since things have change so much for us, I think I should share how AMAZING my husband truly is.....


Two weeks ago he had to go out of town for work and within 2 hours of him leaving.....there was a knock at the door and 6 beautiful red roses waiting on me! I remember the 1st time he went to visit his dad, the 1st summer we were dating, and this same surprise came to the door attached with a black teddy bear! He has always been so thoughtful and he loves to surprise me often with little notes around the house or in my car or a rose every now and then. I know that he loves me no matter how mad I make him. 


I knew that he would be a great husband...or I wouldn't have waited so long to marry him, but I guess I never imagined how good he would be as a daddy. He loves our babies more than he loves me and that says A LOT b/c I am pretty loved by the blue eyed boy! He has always been a great daddy to Bryson and they have lots of fun together, but there is for sure a different twinkle in his eye when he sees Britan. He came up with the idea that he wanted to stay home with her a couple of weeks when I went back to work and he has now decided that he wants to be a stay at home dad. I will admit I have been pretty spoiled the past few weeks coming home to a clean house inside and out, dinner cooked, clothes washed and knowing that Britan has had a fun day with her daddy. 


I am so very thankful for my husband and all that he does although I probably don't say it often enough or show it the way I should, I hope that he knows I would have nothing without him!


God gave me you for the ups and downs...God gave me you for the days of doubt......God gave me you!
Thank you Brooks for our AMAZING life and our BEAUTIFUL babies :) Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...