Skip to main content

Rest in peace, my dear friend!

Today was not the day I had envisioned...this is my last week home with my sweet baby and I was hoping to just spend time with her and not do too much. However, an early morning phone call changed the plans very quickly and has forced me to look back on my childhood and all the fond membries (memories per Bryson) it holds.

Mom called this morning with the sad news, that many of you have already heard, a good friend was killed last night. This boy has been around since I was 5 and cried everyday for months in kindergarten (that is where Bryson gets it). He referred to me as the girl with dots at the time (b/c of my freckles), but at the time we didn't know we would share so many memories throughout our school years. We would meet (not intentionally) about every Saturday night at Laney's Fish Camp with our families and I am told we would peak over at one another the whole meal. We didn't know then that many years would soon be spent making memories together. Many of you come to mind on this day as I recall....Saturday night football games as the Huskies playing against our rivals the Devils, Hornets and Panthers. Who knew all of our elementary rivals would become some of our closest friends. I also, have many memories of cheerleading "stuff" with my mom and Robin as the coaches and Joey coming to hang out with all of us girls in his Miami Hurricanes jacket. Remember the pullover kind...that all the cool kids wore. I remember a summer when Robin babysat us and we played in the basement for hours. Summers spent on the ball fields and winters spent in the gym for basketball. I have many memories of you and they will never fade.

Today I feel the need to reflect on the good times and pray for the hard ones yet to come. I pray that the whole family will one day find peace in this senseless tragedy. You will be greatly missed, but your life will never be forgotten. You have touched too many lives for anyone to ever forget your name and spirit.

Prayers for the family of Joey Brewer! Prayers that Robin and Tony can come through this without further pain. Prayers for Andrea, sweet Willow, April and the kids! All of our love and prayers to the Brewer's on this sad day! WE LOVE YOU ALL!

Popular posts from this blog

a coach’s wife.

 post #4 of #6 for the 2023 year.  this topic is going to be touchy, not well received-i am certain by some-and possibly controversial. thats your warning.... i make blog posts for an outlet, started 13 years ago as a healing outlet, lead to a sharing outlet, has dwindled over the years, but the purpose has ALWAYS been the same...an outlet.  i want to start this one with a few pieces of background knowledge 1-because i am not new to this rodeo and 2-because i have learned over the years and reflected on situations that lead me to believe i have decent knowledge of this topic .. i am mostly a soccer mom...also a tennis mom and a cheer mom, but mostly a soccer mom (no secret in that), but before i was that. i was AND still am a coach’s  wife. you see brooks has coached longer than we have been married. he has coached for 20 years.....20 STRAIGHT years....its not like here or there or a fill in, its not like a season a year, its like multiple seasons a year, multiple te...

How 20 minute chores save my sanity!

I have been needing a positive topic to blog about...so I decided since I have a little time today, I would share how I survive weekly by these little things called "20 minute chores".....I have posted before but its been awhile..... Monday: Dust the whole house! Tuesday: clean the bathrooms...wash sinks, scrub toilets, sweep and mop (my least favorite and hardest every week) Wednesday: fold and put away clean clothes that have been patiently waiting on the living room couch since Saturday and/or Sunday & make a grocery list because Thursday is grocery day! Plan the meals for the upcoming week....... Friday night-Thursday night...breakfast, lunch and dinner included! Thursday: ALWAYS grocery day.....cram it in wherever I can! Then sweep and mop the hardwoods and mop the kitchen.  Friday: Vacuum the whole house! Some Saturdays: wash sheets, do some laundry, fold and put away, and marvel in the fact that the rest of the house has been cleaned the week prior! S...

The end of summer, my new love for RUNNING, my fears for the future, preparing for fall....

There is so much I want to say.....I think it would take several posts, but I am going to try and condense into one so that I can spend the remaining hours of summer break preparing for the next school year..... We have had such a GREAT summer and I am so sad to see it go, but there is a smidgen of excitement to think about Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 2015, etc....I am so thankful for the time that I have had to make memories with my babies. The days of doing nothing were very limited.....from the beach, swimming, soccer camp, preparing for the royal celebration, Carowinds, Discovery Place, free movies...... Discovery Place We celebrated our sweet (not a baby anymore) Britan turning 3 (tree, in her words). It was a magical day and she's still talking about how Sofia came to her house with her horse. There is no way possible we could have pulled off such a celebration without the help of our family. My goal in life is to create memories that will last forever and my cr...